Monday, May 28, 2012

We are family

I know I've said it before, but family is very important to me, and I feel blessed and fortunate that many members of my family live mere minutes away from us. We try to go to church with my parents and my Aunt Ba and Uncle Herb every Sunday, and following church, we get together for brunch. My husband has always been very close to his immediate family and the connection and memories that exist among members of his extended family are amazing.

Our children love our families, and it warms my heart to see Nick, Evan, and Olivia hug and kiss their Grandpa and rush from the car into Grandma's house.

Tonight we had dinner with my Mom and Dad and Aunt and Uncle. I loved watching Evan interact with everyone, because I know when he is with his family, he receives love and support from everyone and feels like a special little boy. While it may sound strange, I always look forward to getting ready to leave, so I can watch Olivia and Evan give the people who have been such an important part of my life hugs and kisses.

Today's special thing about Evan is that he loves his family and he gives great hugs!

OLIVIA'S STREAK




No comments:

Post a Comment