Sunday, May 13, 2012

Behind every great mother...

Each Mother's Day I have celebrated has been special. From when I was the young mom of black labs, to my first Mother's Day as a step-mother, to today with my three kids and one dog, I always love being loved, honored, appreciated, and treated like a queen. And, there is nothing more important to me than my family.

Somehow,  I always knew I wanted to have children. What I didn't know was how difficult and complicated it can be to be a mother. You are on call 24 hours a day, rain or shine, sickness or health, bad day or good day. You put yourself,  your needs, and your time on hold to tend to the needs of  your children. It is a huge job that never ends.

That's why I am extremely blessed to have an amazing, patient, strong, loving partner to share this experience with. Marvin keeps me balanced, provides comic relief, and takes the shared responsibility of parenting very seriously. When I am at my wit's end, he jumps right in and takes over. Lord knows, I couldn't manage motherhood without daddy!

So, the special thing about Evan today is that he has the world's most wonderful daddy!

OLIVIA'S STREAK


No comments:

Post a Comment