Thursday, May 17, 2012

A not so funny comedy of errors

Tonight was Mommy and Evan night. Marvin and Olivia went to Nick's band concert, so I had my little man all to myself. I picked him up from school, grabbed some dinner for him, and took him to see my parents, his beloved Grandmare and Duppy.

The evening was going really well. Evan ate his dinner like a champ. Then, he asked to go outside. My dad volunteered to take him outside to relax on the hammock, like he had done years before with Olivia. And, while it did turn out to be a great photo op, it also started a chain of events that made for a pretty bad night. While Duppy and Evan were snuggling, my parents' dog, Dori, jumped on the hammock, and Evan feel off. Fortunately, Duppy caught him, but Evan was shaken up and skinned his knee. After a little TLC and some Thomas and his Friends, he was deemed to be okay and ready to go home.

As I watched Evan walk down the concrete stairs in front of my parents' house, I knew there was something funny about his stride. Sure enough, as soon as I told him to be careful and to slow down, he fell and scraped his leg. The short ride home was filled with screaming and tears. (I'll let you decide who they were coming from...)

By the time we walked into the house, Evan was relatively calm and ready for his bath. However,  he wasn't ready for  how much his skinned knee and scraped leg were going to hurt once they hit the soapy water. Cue total meltdown number three.

I think Evan was secretly happy to climb into bed tonight. It was a safe, comfortable, and cozy place for him after a long rough evening. The special thing about Evan today is that he made it through the night, and has three Band-Aids to show for it!

OLIVIA'S STREAK

Olivia is showing her Spurs Spirit by wishing one of our favorite players, Tony Parker, a happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment