Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Big Brother is Watching

Since I wrote about Evan's big sister, Olivia, the other day, I would be remiss if I didn't write about Evan's big brother, Nick.

From day one, Nick and Evan have had an incredible bond. For whatever reason, when one of them walks into a room, the other one lights up. And, on Wednesday nights, when Nick spends time with his grandparents, Evan is not the same. Nothing warms my heart more than when Nick comes into Evan's room at the end of the night to give his little brother hugs and kisses, and if he doesn't, Evan demands it!

When I asked Nick why he loves his little brother so much, he simply said, "Sometimes I wonder that myself." Then, he answered, "Because he is crazy, just like every other four year old." Maybe I'm biased, but I do believe there is something about Evan that is totally lovable.

When I asked Evan why he loves his big brother so much, he walked away from me saying, "Because I love him every day," and he is totally serious. So today's special thing about Evan is that he has an incredible big brother who loves, protects, and believes in him.

OLIVIA'S STREAK


No comments:

Post a Comment