Sunday, May 27, 2012

The proud American

One of the things I love about going to church around Memorial Day or the Fourth of July is that we typically sing a patriotic song – God Bless America or America the Beautiful. In addition, there are few things that make me prouder than hearing my children recite the Pledge of Allegiance or sing the Star Spangled Banner or America the Beautiful. So, when you add those two things together, it is almost overwhelming.

This morning in church I was excited that the recessional song was America the Beautiful, and I was excited that my kids were singling along. Loud and proud. Folks in front of us, behind us, and next to us smiled when they head their "angelic" voices. 

So, today's special thing about Evan is that he is patriotic, just in time for memorial day!

OLIVIA'S STREAK

No comments:

Post a Comment