Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Polly Want a Cracker


I have fond memories of when I was four or five years old. I spent a lot of time annoying my sister by following her around and copying every word she said. It was totally hilarious until she would say something like, “Julie is totally annoying.” Then, I would stop.

Fast forward 34 years. I remember going through this stage with Olivia, where she would copy me. I would say, “What do you want for dinner.” She would say, “What do you want for dinner.” I would say, “Please set the table.” She would say, “Please set the table.” I would say, “Olivia is going to bed at 7:30 tonight.” She would stop.

Fast forward another 3 years. Now it’s Evan’s turn. But, this time it is just a little different. I say something like, “Let’s find a book to read.” Evan says, “Let’s find a book to read.” I ask, “Do you want to read Dr. Seuss?” He says, “Do you want to read Dr. Seuss.” I say, “Evan is going to bed at 7:30 tonight.” He repeats, “Evan is going to bed at 7:30 tonight.” I stop talking, and he adds, “Mom, I and copying you, because it is fun to cop.” I’m not sure if he is doing it because it is fun to “cop” or because he knows he is annoying me, but I guess it doesn’t matter. He is following in some great footsteps! 

So, today’s special thing about Evan is that he is a little copycat, because it is fun (or annoying) to “cop.”

OLIVIA'S STREAK

 

No comments:

Post a Comment