Monday, May 21, 2012

My little ball of energy


With Evan, we’ve celebrated the terrible twos and the thunderous threes, and we’re well through the fireball fours… From the moment he wakes up in the morning until the minute he goes to sleep at night, he is busy. Whether he is playing on the iPad, crashing his trains, running around the house singing at the top of his lungs, or getting in trouble at home or at school, he gives it his all and is full of energy.

Now, I realize that this is typical for a four-year-old child, and there are parts of his high energy that I love and appreciate. Anyone who knows Evan adores his outgoing personality and sense of humor. He truly has a very strong spirit and sense of adventure that I admire. But on the other hand, it is also a challenge to keep him under control at church, get him to wind down before bedtime, or enjoy quiet time around the house. Just keeping up with him on a daily basis can be an exhausting task.

But, when I think about Evan and his circumstances, I am very grateful that he is high energy. I am grateful that he can walk and run. I am grateful that he can speak, sing, and shout. And, I am grateful that he has an outgoing personality and a strong spirit. There are many children in the world who can’t do what he does and don’t have that energy or spirit. So, today’s special thing about Evan is that he is a fireball, and I thank God for that.

OLIVIA'S STREAK

No comments:

Post a Comment