Tuesday, May 3, 2011

DAY 3

Another unseasonably chilly morning here in South Texas - 46 degrees to be exact. I am proud to report that I completed day three of my streak for pediatric strokes, but it wasn't easy. This morning, when I wanted to quit about half way through my run, I thought of Evan and how we never let him quit. So, I didn't quit either!

I have a very good friend whose sister had a stroke when she was in her early 20s. One day, when Evan was first diagnosed, he told me something that I will never forget. He said, when someone in your family has a stroke, your family changes a little, and you become a stroke family. As Evan has gotten older, we have really become a stroke family. From participating in this streak to making sure he uses "righty" to bringing him to therapy to celebrating his accomplishments, everyone in our family has been an active partipant in Evan's progress, and I venture to say that we are all inspired by him.

Cheers to all of the pediatric stroke survivors who work so hard every day and don't quit. And hats off to their stroke families, who help them along the way!

OLIVIA'S STREAK
Today's picture features Olivia with one of her best friends - her brother Evan. She's clearly exited about 31 days for Evan!

1 comment:

  1. Olivia is a budding artist! Her pictures have brightened my days. Looking forward to all 31 (you will have to make a book of them!)

    ReplyDelete