Monday, May 7, 2012

Monkey See, Monkey Do.

My family has always been very important to me, and I always knew I wanted a house full of children. So, when my husband and I got married, I was extremely blessed to inherit my then eight-year-old step-son, Nicholas, who quickly taught me what it was like to be a mother, and how important it was to pray for patience and strength. I remember when Marvin and I told Nicholas that we were having a baby, and how much he wanted us to have a boy, so he could share his toys and play video games with him.

Unfortunately for Nick, that baby would be his sister, Olivia, who loves dolls, playing dress up, and reading Rainbow Magic books more than any video game. Olivia has grown up to be a loving, caring, sweet, smart, and beautiful little seven year old.

Despite the range in their ages – seventeen, seven, and four – and their totally different personalities – serious, princess, and clown – all three of our children get along famously, and I hope and pray that they always will.

Over the last few days, I have noticed Evan trying to be just like his big sister, Olivia. From wanting to wake up when she does, to eating exactly the same thing she eats for dinner, to coloring the same kind of pictures she colors, what’s good for Olivia is good for Evan.

The truth is, if Evan turns out to be as loving, caring, sweet, smart, and beautiful on the inside and outside as his sister is, he should be in pretty good shape. So today’s special thing about Evan is that he is loved by, and loves, his big sister with all his heart. I know that she will always protect, love, set a good example, and watch out for him, because she knows how special he really is

OLIVIA'S STREAK


No comments:

Post a Comment